25 Ocak 2016 Pazartesi

REFLECTION TASK 1A

Hi everyone,

I’m Hayriye from FLE Department. This is my first grade at METU, but it’s my second year. I went to prep-school last year. I am not the member of a student club, but I would like to join Gastronomy Club because I don’t know how to cook. However, I want to learn cooking. This club teaches how to cook. Meanwhile, you can have a nice time with your club friends. What’s more, in this club, students enjoy while eating; while enjoying, they learn. That is, this club both beneficial and enjoyable. As for my experiences, I can’t say that I’m gifted. Besides, I haven’t cooked so many times. I just know cooking macaroni and soup. Also, I can cook yaprak sarması for Bairam with my grandmother. Once, I cooked meatball and spring rolls. I guess that’s my whole cooking experience, unfortunately. I’m saying ”unfortunately” as I really want to cook. My friends really cook well, and sometimes I envy them and say “I wish I could cook like them.” Actually, I don’t try much, or I don’t watch while someone is cooking. If I did so, I might learn. I think I can learn with some experience, and I realize this by joining this club. I hope so.

1 yorum:

  1. I read your reflection task 1A. I think that this is an essay that was organized very well in sense of its language, unity, and coherence. While I was reading your essay about METU Gastronomy Club, I began to wonder about this club too. You said that you cannot cook well. I think that you can develop your skills joining this club. According to my opinion, you showed your desire for cooking clearly in your reflection. Firstly, your language is too easy to comprehend for readers. There are simple structures and sentences so that reader can understand your message. Secondly, you clarified your ideas with examples in your real life. I really like your reflection since it gave me pleasure while I was reading. In your reflection you said that I want to learn cooking; however gastronomy includes not only cooking, but also tasting foods. Do you believe that you can taste or try foods that may be weird or disgusting to you?

    YanıtlaSil